Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Mostly food

Hello Friends and Family!!!
or halloo from Norway!

Just a quick update of whatever comes to mind at the moment about my experiences so far in Norway.

1. I really love it here. I tried to come with no expectations so I wasn't sure what it would be like.. If I'd absolutely hate it/Love it/be somewhere in the middle. But I've been so blessed to have amazing people around me and such a great atmosphere. It's beginning to feel like a second home.

Here's some of the new food I've tried

*side note- In my experience in Norway there are 4 meals a day. Breakfast at 7am, Lunch around 11am something.. I don't remember, Dinner at 4:30pm or 16:30, and then supper at 8:30pm (I think...It could be around 8). It's so awesome and I mostly feel like I'm living in middle earth in the Shire.

Bread is eaten at every meal except for dinner.. but sometimes I eat bread at supper anyways.

Breakfast looks like : bread with brown cheese or prim or nugatti or yellow cheese and a slice of salami or crunchy bread with cream cheese.

Lunch: depending on the day. If it's sunday,monday,wednesday,thursday,saturday it's packed lunch which is basically breakfast packed into parchment paper and folded like a birthday present with your name sharpied onto it.
Other days it's warm lunch.

Dinner: warm food.. soups and meat and salad stuff

Supper: basically breakfast

P.S. sandwiches are always one piece of bread with the spreading or cheese on top mostly. It's not common to put two slices of bread together. Which I think is brilliant because two slices of bread is a bit much because the bread is so thick so now anytime I see the "normal" two slices sandwich I kind of get grossed out.

Brown Cheese- You slice it with this cheese slicer and put it on buttered bread or a long cracker thingy and also you can put jelly on it. My favorite is raspberry jelly.
This --->
is prim which is whipped brown cheese. It's heavenly and I would probably eat it everyday but apparently it's not that healthy...



This thing down below this typing is called Pølse and lumpe. I had it once at a campout trip thing and I think I can survive without ever trying it again. The hotdog was fine but the potato flat bread is not my cup of tea. Also I ate it with brown mustard and dried onion chip things. So meh, it's not my favorite thing.



This ---->
is pancake with jelly and sour cream. I've never had it with pancakes but I've eaten waffles. Which basically look and taste like American waffles just smaller and thinner. It's amazing. I love to eat brown cheese with my waffles and jelly. The brown cheese melts and you fold it and it's glorious. 


These ---> 
are fish cakes.... or fish pudding..... I ate it once... so yes. It's an acquired taste.


Also, we have a coffee/tea break in the morning with cookies/biscuits.
I mostly drink tea without anything in it and then have a cookie or two. They have normal cookies like chocolate chip or wafer cookies but I've also tried 


these are good to dip in tea because the hot water makes the chocolate melt and it's great unless it falls into your tea cup and you have a disintegrated pile of dust for your last sip. 


Norwegians are very proud of their chocolate and I have to agree that it's probably the best I've had. My favorite is either the milk chocolate or the ones with toffee in it the "daim".

These are the cookies/biscuits that substitute for graham crackers in smores. 


love you all tons!!!! I'll write more later. 

love love love,
Matisse

No comments:

Post a Comment