Saturday, September 13, 2014

Hello everyone:) I'm currently sitting in an airport in Canada. The past few days have been so surreal. I really don't know how to explain it very well but its felt like this limbo between two worlds. I no longer live in Abilene or with my family but I haven't gotten to Norway and settled in yet. Needless to say it's been very wearying. I'm so excited to start this adventure but I miss my family and friends. God has been so overwhelmingly good through out this entire process. From yesterday when somehow an hour after we were supposed to leave the house and my passport getting lost behind the chair  cushion and us finding it finally to my bags being over weight limit and all 3 flights just gave me a warning. I definitely learned my lesson and never ever want to travel with this much stuff or maybe just next time switch out my carryon duffel bag with something that has wheels. He's helped me through this whole day and I'm sure will carry me through tomorrow and the next day and next. Traveling with my papa is the only way to go. He is so good.
Rundown of my day

  • got through security and everything in Dallas for the first time alone
  • waited for the plane for about an hour and a half and mostly cried/watched birds/listened to music
  • sat next to a nice french Canadian guy that helped when I panicked because I didn't know which box to check for the customs paper
  • got off the plane and followed everyone on the plane through customs then found out I was on the opposite end of the airport from my next flight
  • found an amazing life saving bag trolly and didn't have to pull all my suitcases God is good!!
  • waited for about 5 minutes trying to figure out how to get the trolly up the escalator until a nice Canadian man pointed out the 3 elevators behind me
  • finally got to terminal 3 and walked the entire length of it 3 times trying to find the boarding pass check in 
  • finally found it 
  • waited in line for 2 hours with a Danish guy that had just gotten done with his Canadian backpacking adventure 
  • started shaking because I was so nervous my bags would be too heavy
  • started praying a lot 
  • premium flying guy called me to his line and let me go through God is good!!!
  • found icelandair and bought an apple and Gatorade for supper 
I can't wait to see how tomorrow goes hopefully I'll get an aisle seat but I'm just glad I'm getting on the plane.
Love you guys tons
cheers from Canada xx

No comments:

Post a Comment