Saturday, October 3, 2015

Australia

Hello Everyone,

I'm currently in Perth, Australia. I've been her just 2 days but everything been happening so quickly. I left Dallas Tuesday morning and flew to LosAngeles --> Tokyo --> Singapore --> Perth. It went really well. I'm still a bit jet lagged but that's to be expected. Our school starts tomorrow night and I'll be trying to update my blog weekly. So far Australia is amazing. Full of new animals and plants. I'm living in a house with 8 other girls and a married couple in a little neighborhood. My room is 3 bunkbeds and I have the bottom bunk. The house has a green tin roof so it reminds me of Green Gables. I was looking out the window the first day and there were two beautiful green birds swooping over the backyard grass. I haven't seen them again but they were gorgeous. I keep wanted to grab different plants or flowers that are growing on the side of the road but when I look closely at them they are covered in multiple types of insects mostly bees which is nice but definitely helps me not to pick them. I took the train into the city today with some of my school mates and we went to Target to grab a beach towel and sunscreen because American sun lotion isn't strong enough here and yesterday we went by IKEA to get sheets and resisted getting a house plant. Tomorrow is Church and then at night we're meeting as a school. I hope each of you is doing well.

Love,
Matisse

PS here's a bit of a blogging I did in Singapore


I’m currently sitting in the Singapore Airport Terminal 3 facing an empty chair and charging table and around half a dozen people sleeping on the floor burrowed in their sleeping bags just starting to wake up. A wall of windows to my right I can slightly make out the lights from little baggage trucks and airplanes driving around. It’s 6am October 1st and I’ve been here from around 2am. To my right there are live trees with giant leaves shaped like hearts and behind me past a few more rows of seats and charging stations there is a playground and a group of construction workers setting up some kind of platform. Adventure has begun. I love traveling. There’s nothing quite like adventuring when it’s just Papa God and I waltzing around trying to find the right terminal and if they have a drinking water station or if I need to recheck my bags. He is so good. My first flight to LosAngeles went well. I don’t remember much about it except the lovely grandfather who helped me locate my terminal which thankfully was just a 5 minute walk away. In Tokyo everything was very neat and clean and quiet but we were only there for around 45 minutes so I just sat at my gate. I visited the butterfly garden here in Singapore and it was lovely. All the little butterflies were asleep but the cocoon hatchery was full and some were trying to get out of their little coverings. When I was little we had a dear friend who worked in a giant area of gardens and we would go visit all the plants and butterflies. I’m going to go check to see if they’re awake yet and then board the plane for Perth.

No comments:

Post a Comment