Sunday, November 16, 2014

Good Morning :)

Hello friends and family,
        It's currently 9:48am this lovely saturday morning in Norway. So far today I have

  • woken up
  • eaten a breakfast that consisted of open faced sandwiches with spreadings of nugatti ( nutella) , eggs with white cheese on top, and a knekkebrod with cream cheese spread
  • made my pack lunch of brown cheese and sausage with cheese
And my to do list for the day is

  • go into town 
  • help Elisabeth (my roommate) shop for a dress for her brothers wedding
  • go to the new shopping mall that opened on tuesday *sigh It should be insanely busy today but yay for new shops!!
  • look for cute postcards, nose piercings, maybe a sweater, and hopefully earrings
So it's now currently 11:47am on Sunday and I didn't get to post the above but now you can see how my day of shopping went.



There are so many cute yarn shops here. Knitting is taught in school so almost all of the girls and some of the guys are really good at knitting things like socks, sweaters, blankets, and everything else.


Elisabeth, Ingrid, and I

We went to the new mall and all of the Christmas decorations were up in all of the stores and everything was so lovely.

 We got to go to a shop that's from Denmark and it had the most darling knick knacks everywhere and I want to buy everything in the entire store but I don't really need it:) so I just window shopped.



These little Christmas gnome men are my absolute favorite. They're called Nisse and they're the Norwegian version of Santa Claus. They're known as "gift bearers" and I think they're adorable.

Norwegian Christmas book


More Nisse

Chocolate:)






So this is Christmas soda. Depending on who you talk to the red Christmas soda is the "real" Christmas soda.. or the brown is the "real" one. It's also completely wrong to drink it any other time that near Christmas because it's traditionally very special for some families. I tried the brown one and it kinda tastes like carbonated bubble gum. Also, God Jul means Merry Christmas in Norwegian :)



Small marshmallows in cartons!! Love. Basically it's buying the Lucky charms minus the cheerios.

.15 cent bobbles/ornaments

Ingrid, Frida, and I dress shopping:) 

I found this lovely dress but didn't get it. I did find a plum colored sweater, earrings, postcards, and my nose piercing so it was a successful shopping trip plus Elisabeth got the dress so yay!!


Norwegian Kroner with King Harald on it!

I tried out the fast pace app on my phone... It went a lot faster than I expected but here are some shots of the grocery store and a cute bed bath beyond type store. Enjoy!! Merry almost Christmas
xx- Matisse

No comments:

Post a Comment